One of our team members brought this to our attention. In a recent article on BBC UK, Social Media micro blog service Twitter is upset with Google over their integration of Google Plus into search results. The ongoing feuds continue between the top social media services as they continue to figure out how to work with one another.
Representatives at Google have said in the BBC UK article, “It is a bad day for the Internet”.
Google Executives decided to merge their social media services into their own search results to compete with Facebook.
Each day, millions of Internet searchers rely on Google to give them the exact information they are looking for. This is what Google is all about, giving you the right information when you need it. It is this committment to ensuring correct results are returned that keeps the search giant changing their algorthm often.
Google now includes social media posts and services in their search results.
According to the BBC article, some new changes are coming from Google and Google Plus is part of their plans.
- Personal Results – which enable users to find information such as Google+ photos and posts, both their own and those shared specifically with them, that only they will be able to see on their results pages
- Profiles in Search – both in autocomplete and results, users will be able to find people they are close to or might be interested in following
- People and Pages – helps users find people profiles and Google+ pages related to a specific topic or area of interest, and enable people to follow them with just a few clicks.
We would like to hear from you. Are you a fan of Google Plus? Do you use Google’s social media service?
We recommend that if you want to be found easily in the online world, do the following:
- Setup a company Facebook page and make sure you have a professional Facebook page designed
- Ensure your Google Profile is up to date using your company keywords and phrases used in your SEO campaign
- Make sure you have a blog or regular articles posted to your company website
Need help figuring all this stuff out? Call us, we are you local IT support team and ready to jump into action to help.